GUIDE TO PAPER LASER CUTTING
Paper laser cutting can be hard sometimes because of the burnt edges due to the laser beam. This may not be a consideration at times, but for some applications, it is preferable to make a clean cut. Even if laser cutters provide accuracy and precision,we want to share a few tips to keep the clean edges when laser cutting mat board or paper.
Preparing Paper Laser Cutting:
- Make sure the cutting lines are not too close together, keep at least 0.01″ between each laser cut lines. Even though the laser machine has a much higher resolution than 0.01″, it is still limited by the paper or the material being laser cut, including cardstock, mat board, paper, wood, and even acrylic.
- Make sure the cut lines are not crossing each other
- Make sure the paper is flat on the table without cringes or folds
- Please provide your artwork in Adobe illustrator.
- Please make sure your artwork doesn’t have double lines.
- Check spacing between cuts. Please allow a minimum gap of 1.5mm between lines, so that your work doesn’t fall apart.
- Please allow 10mm around the border of the material so all your artwork is cut correctly. If you place it too tight around the edge, there is a chance that it might not cut correctly.
- Please setup your artwork to the size of your material. So when selecting art board please set the measurements to 600 x 900mm or the material size.
We hope these tips help you in preparing your design before laser cutting. For your laser cutting needs, enquire within.