Laser Cutting Costs
LASER CUTTING SERVICE
As a guide we charge:
– $20 for file setup per project, projects with more then 5 files will be charged $5 per file instead.
– $1.50 per minute for laser cutting.
– Please note prices are GST exclusive and our minimum jobs are $80 including setup fees.
– Our preferred payment method is bank transfer. Other options are credit card (incurs 3% fee).
– Orders under $350 require full payment prior to starting your job. Orders over $350 require a 30% deposit and the remainder of payment is due prior to dispatch.
– We offer a 24-48hour express for an additional $50 for small orders. Orders over $750 please enquire to see if 24hour production is available. Once payment and materials are received your order will be ready in 24-48hours from this time.
Please send through your artwork for quotation. If you are working towards a budget, please let us know and we can make suggestions on how you can adjust your artwork to increase the efficiency when laser cutting.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By placing an order with MLC you agree to the following T&Cs
LASER CUTTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Laser Cutting is an experimental process due to the nature of working with different materials and the consistencies of these materials, as well as design considerations. Melbourne Laser Cutter makes every endeavor to create the results that you require but will not be held responsible for projects that do not have the desired outcome. The client is still required to pay a minimum sampling fee of $50 if the project does not go ahead due to unexpected results and the cost of materials used or specially ordered. We recommend that you provide extra material, as often we need to test prior to starting a job.
- Should the laser cutter not cut correctly, we will re-do your project but it’s the clients responsibility to supply more materials. Melbourne Laser Cutter will not reimburse for an damages to materials during the laser cutting process.
- Melbourne Laser Cutter does not administer refunds on deposits due to a change of mind or unsatisfactory results.
- Please note some materials might mark on the underside of the material. For example we don’t recommend laser cutting white paper and ply/bamboo does leave a mark on the underside. This can be easily removed with a light hand sand.
Please note when supplying your own materials for etching, we aren’t able to determine how the wood will react to etching. Inconsistent wood patterns will lead to inconsistent etching patterns.
- Please note engraving is burning into materials to make a pattern. So the finish will depend on the design and the materials used. For example when engraving bamboo it might look slightly inconsistent depending on the ply consistency.
- From confirming orders with a deposit please allow 5 working days for your project to be completed unless otherwise stated or the project is larger then 4hours work. Production times do change from week to week depending on work load. So please always ask for current turn around time.
- Please note sometimes we do offer Express production but the timing is not guaranteed if unforeseen circumstances do occur.
- Please note when laser cutting mirrored acrylic, materials are cut face down and artworks should take this into consideration.
Change of mind
Shipping and delivery
- For Australian based orders in VIC, SA, NSW, QLD we use a courier service Ego Couriers. For WA clients and international orders we use standard Australian Post. Please allow 3-5 working days for your order to arrive from dispatch.
- Quotes do not include postage and shipping charges, this will be added to the final invoice on completion of the project.
- On request an estimated postage/shipping charge can be provided, this cost is subject to change.
- Postage and shipping costs are individually quoted dependent on destination, package size and weight.
- Clients should consider insuring their order, as Melbourne Laser Cutter is not liable for any loss or damage caused in transit by third parties.
- A 30% deposit is required to confirm your order and the remainder is to be paid via bank transfer prior to collection or correct cash on collection.
- When paying by bank transfer please reference invoice number.
- Any further changes to the files or materials will require re-quoting.
- Should payment remain outstanding beyond the Company’s payment terms, the client agrees to pay all legal costs (on a solicitor/own Client basis) and all Mercantile Agent’s fees (including any commission payable on the payment of the debt) incurred by the Company as a result of non-payment of the debt.
- We offer a 24-48hour turn around for express production for an additional $50. Express postage is an additional cost.
Returns and replacements
Acceptance of terms and conditions
Privacy and security
Change of terms
Should you wish to submit a project, please sign the below terms and conditions. You will shortly be emailed a verification email to verify yourself. Upon verification of reading the terms and conditions and receiving your 30% deposit we will proceed with your project.