Terms and Conditions
By placing an order with MLC you agree to the following T&Cs
Laser Cutting Terms and Conditions
- Laser Cutting is an experimental process due to the nature of working with different materials and the consistencies of these materials, as well as design considerations. Melbourne Laser Cutter makes every endeavor to create the results that you require but will not be held responsible for projects that do not have the desired outcome. The client is still required to pay a minimum sampling fee of $50 if the project does not go ahead due to unexpected results and the cost of materials used or specially ordered. We recommend that you provide extra material, as often we need to test prior to starting a job.
- Should the laser cutter not cut correctly, we will re-do your project but it’s the clients responsibility to supply more materials. Melbourne Laser Cutter will not reimburse for an damages to materials during the laser cutting process.
- Melbourne Laser Cutter does not administer refunds on deposits due to a change of mind or unsatisfactory results.
- Please note some materials might mark on the underside of the material. For example we don’t recommend laser cutting white paper and ply/bamboo does leave a mark on the underside. This can be easily removed with a light hand sand.
- Please note when supplying your own materials for etching, we aren’t able to determine how the wood will react to etching. Inconsistent wood patterns will lead to inconsistent etching patterns.
- Please note engraving is burning into materials to make a pattern. So the finish will depend on the design and the materials used. For example when engraving bamboo it might look slightly inconsistent depending on the ply consistency.
- From confirming orders with a deposit please allow 5 working days for your project to be completed unless otherwise stated or the project is larger then 4hours work. Production times do change from week to week depending on work load. So please always ask for current turn around time.
- Please note sometimes we do offer Express production but the timing is not guaranteed if unforeseen circumstances do occur.
- Please note when laser cutting mirrored acrylic, materials are cut face down and artworks should take this into consideration.
Change of mind
- Please note we don’t offer a refund on change of mind once deposit has been paid.
- At our discretion we do offer a credit for next time if we haven’t commenced production or we can refund your deposit minus a $50 administration fee. This is simply to cover emails, instructions on setting up your job and administration fees on processing your refund.
- All quotes are valid for 6mnths.
- All quotations are in $AU.
Shipping and delivery
- For Australian based orders in VIC, SA, NSW, QLD we use a courier service Ego Couriers. For WA clients and international orders we use standard Australian Post. Please allow 3-5 working days for your order to arrive from dispatch.
- Quotes do not include postage and shipping charges, this will be added to the final invoice on completion of the project.
- On request an estimated postage/shipping charge can be provided, this cost is subject to change.
- Postage and shipping costs are individually quoted dependent on destination, package size and weight.
- Clients should consider insuring their order, as Melbourne Laser Cutter is not liable for any loss or damage caused in transit by third parties.
- Please take caution when putting together your designs and following the instructions that we have online for preparing artworks (in particular preparing separate engraving and cutting files, allowing 1mm gaps between cutting lines). MLC does not take responsibility for files that are setup incorrectly, additional charges may apply for file corrections and repeated setups.
- A 30% deposit is required to confirm your order and the remainder is to be paid via bank transfer prior to collection or correct cash on collection.
- When paying by bank transfer please reference invoice number.
- Any further changes to the files or materials will require re-quoting.
- Should payment remain outstanding beyond the Company’s payment terms, the client agrees to pay all legal costs (on a solicitor/own Client basis) and all Mercantile Agent’s fees (including any commission payable on the payment of the debt) incurred by the Company as a result of non-payment of the debt.
- We offer a 24-48hour turn around for express production for an additional $50. Express postage is an additional cost.
Returns and replacements
- There are no returns on laser cut goods or express fees. As laser cutting is an experimental process there are many variables to work with and we endeavour to inform out clients through our website on what to expect and also ask that you do your own research. Such as speaking to your suppliers about how the materials react to using heat to cut. We will also advise you on our experience in using similar materials but do recommend that you do samples before a large production.
- All designs remain copyright of you, the submitter, Melbourne Laser Cutter takes no interest in or responsibility for designs submitted to us. We will not display or distribute your designs to any third party without your express authorisation.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
- Payment of deposit for your stationery is considered acknowledgement and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Privacy and security
- We will not share any of the personal information you submit to us with any other third party. If you wish to discuss any concerns please first contact us at email@example.com. We do however reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by Australian law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
- Materials that have been left in the studio for longer then 7 days after the project has been completed will be removed.
Change of terms
- From time to time these terms and conditions may change. If we need to change our terms, we will post those changes to this statement. We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time, so please review it frequently.